Senator Sandy Crawford represents District 28 in the Missouri Senate, which is comprised of Benton, Cedar, Dallas, Hickory, Laclede, Pettis, Polk and St. Clair counties. Senator Crawford was elected to the Missouri Senate in August of 2017. She served in the Missouri House of Representatives from 2010 – 2017.
Prior to becoming a state representative, Sen. Crawford enjoyed a 30-year banking career at O’Bannon Bank in Buffalo.
Senator Crawford is a lifelong resident of Dallas County. She is a 1975 graduate of Buffalo High School. She received her B.S. in Finance from Missouri State University in 1995, and she is a 1998 graduate of the Graduate School of Banking at Colorado.
Senator Crawford is a member of Tabernacle Baptist Church in Lebanon, where she teaches third and fourth-grade girls’ Sunday school classes. Her other memberships include Dallas County Cattlemen, NRA, Farm Bureau, Buffalo FFA Alumni, State Fair Foundation and Lebanon Rotary (honorary member). In addition, Senator Crawford is on the advisory board for Lebanon Technical and Career Center, and the Dallas County Technical Center.
Senator Crawford was born on Oct. 1. She and her husband, John, raise beef cattle near Buffalo where they reside.
- Missouri Community College Association – Distinguished Legislator Award (2017),
- Missouri Association of Career and Technical Education – 2018 Legislator of the Year,
- Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry – 100% Club (2018),
- Missouri County Treasurers Association – Appreciation Award (2018),
- Missouri Public Utilities Alliance – Richard E. Malon Public Service Award (2018),
- Missouri Hospital Association – 2018 Health Policy Leadership Award
- Missouri Cattlemen’s Association – 2018 Legislator of the Year
- Missouri Association of Public Administrators – 2019 Legislator of the Year
- The National Society of Leadership and Success (2019)
- Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry – 2019 Business Champion
- Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry – 2020 Business Champion
- Friend of Missouri State University (2021)
- Missouri Land Title Association – 2021 Senator of the Year
- State Fair Community College – Appreciation Award (2021)
- Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry – 2022 Business Champion
- Missouri LAGERS – 2022 Legislative Champion
- Missouri Judicial Conference – 2022 Legislative Award
Elected to the Senate: 2017 (Special Election), 2018
House of Representatives: 2010 – 2017
Local Government and Elections, Chairwoman
Agriculture, Food Production and Outdoor Resources
Insurance and Banking, Vice-Chairwoman
Rules, Joint Rules, Resolutions and Ethics
Joint Committee on Agriculture
Missouri Military Preparedness and Enhancement Commission
Missouri Women’s Council
Task Force on the Future of Right-of-Way Management and Taxation