Senator Caleb Rowden was elected to the Missouri Senate in 2016, representing Boone and Cooper Counties. Prior to his election to the Senate, Rowden served two terms in the Missouri House of Representatives. He was first elected to the Missouri House in 2012, becoming the first Representative in the history of Missouri to beat two former State Senators in a Missouri House race. Rowden currently serves as the Senate Majority Floor Leader.
Senator Rowden is married to Aubrey Rowden, the co-owner of Love Tree Studios, a wedding photography company based in Columbia, MO. They are proud parents to Willem Keane and Adele Lisette. In addition to his legislative duties, Senator Rowden owns Clarius Interactive, a media and marketing company also based in Columbia.
Senator Rowden has spent his life in service to others. He enjoyed a successful career in full- time ministry as a touring Christian singer/songwriter. During that time, he played in 45 states, selling thousands of records and garnering two top 20 national radio hits. He also participated in multiple mission trips, ranging from serving the homeless in Atlanta, GA to a month-long internship ministering to the people of Reynosa, Mexico.
Senator Rowden has been steadfast in his support for K-12 and Higher Education and has played a significant role in creating a positive environment for Missouri’s small businesses by championing and passing major tort and regulatory reform. Senator Rowden is committed to making Mid-Missouri and the state as a whole the best place in the country to live, work, and raise a family.
MEMBERSHIPS AND AWARDS
- Member – Christian Chapel – Columbia, MO
- Member – Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- Member – National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)
- Member – National Rifle Association
- Member – Missouri Farm Bureau
- Member – Missouri Cattlemen’s Association
- 2016 Missouri Corn Growers “Friend of Corn” Award
- 2016 Missouri Chamber of Commerce “Man in the Arena” Award
- 2016 Explore St. Louis “All Star” Award
- 2015 Missouri Chamber of Commerce “Spirit of Enterprise” Award
- 2015 Missouri Community College Association “Distinguished Legislator” Award
- 2015 University of Missouri Graduate Professional Council “Legislative” Award
Elected to the Senate: 2016, 2020
House of Representatives: 2012 – 2016
Gubernatorial Appointments, Vice-Chairman
Rules, Joint Rules, Resolutions and Ethics, Chairman
Interim Committee on Firefighting Districts
Select Committee on Redistricting
Missouri Arts Council Trust Fund Board of Trustees
Missouri Justice Reinvestment Task Force
Missouri State Capitol Commission