SB 0454 Mental Health Services May be Paid from County General Rev.
Committee:AGMHLR Number:S1636.06T
Last Action:07/12/95 - Signed by Governor
Title:CCS/HCS/SCS/SB 454
Effective Date:August 28, 1995
All Actions | Senate Home Page | List of 1995 Senate Bills
Current Bill Summary

CCS/HCS/SCS/SB 454 - This act allows the Director of the Department of Health to request payment to the revolving fund of a state operated facility in an amount not to exceed $8,000. The revolving fund shall be used for the payment of incidental expenses of the facility and may include approved operating costs, expenditures for patient or resident activities and the cost incurred in returning nonresident patients to their state of residence. (HB 329).

The act also provides for procedures for the disbursement of funds or property when a patient or resident in a facility operated by the Department of Mental Health, leaves the care of a Department facility. The head of the facility shall use proper diligence to refund such moneys or property. If the patient is deceased the funds or property may be disposed of through probate court. (HB 329).

If, after one year from departure of the patient from the Department's care, any unclaimed money remains in the custody of a facility, operated by the Department of Mental Health, it shall be disposed of as follows: (1) Less than $100 to be deposited into the State Treasury and credited to the Mental Health Trust Fund; or (2) $100 or more to be deposited into the State Treasury and credited the General Revenue Fund in the escheat account. Claims, may be made for such moneys for a period of two years after they are deposited into the escheat account. After that two year period such money shall be credited to the Mental Health Trust Fund. (HB 329).

Tangible personal property left in the custody of the Department of Mental Health facility may be transferred to the State Agency for Surplus Property, after the lapse of 1 year, for public or private sale. The net proceeds of such sale shall be deposited into the General Revenue Fund. (HB 329).

This act changes current language so that a County Board of Trustees of a County Mental Health Fund shall appropriate funds out of the County's Community Mental Health Fund or may request appropriate funds from the County's General Revenue Funds for such mental health services. (SB 454).