Report of the Senate Interim Committee on the Sanctity of Life
Established pursuant to Senate Rule 31.
Duties of the committee shall be as follows:
(1) Conduct an in-depth analysis of the Planned Parenthood business model and the methods by which they dispose of human remains from aborted fetuses;
(2) Investigate into whether Planned Parenthood, and any of its affiliates or associates, is or has engaged in activity contrary to the laws of this state;
(3) Determine whether any state dollars have been directly used in such activity or used in a manner to offset expenses so that Planned Parenthood and any of its affiliates and associates might engage in such activities.
(4) Investigate whether any person, past or present, employed by the State of Missouri had any prior knowledge of any such alleged activity or misuse of state funds.
(5) Examine and investigate any other issues the committee deems relevant to the allegations brought forth against Planned Parenthood.
The committee may hold public hearings to be determined by the chair, with all necessary legal, research and technical services to be performed by staff from Senate Research and Senate Appropriations. Reasonable, actual and necessary expenses of the committee shall be reimbursed by the Missouri Senate.
The committee shall issue a report and make recommendations, as deemed appropriate by the members of the committee, to the general assembly for legislative action no later than December 31, 2015.