|SB 0384||MO Commercial Feed Law: license, labeling, fees|
|Last Action:||03/08/95 - Voted DO NOT PASS S Agriculture & Local Government Committee|
|Effective Date:||August 28, 1995|
SB 384 - This act refines the Missouri Commercial Feed Law. The changes from the current law include:
1) An annual $50 license fee is required of anyone who manufactures or distributes commercial feed in Missouri. Currently no fee is required.
2) Any person who acts as an independent consultant who provides animal nutritional formulation to a purchaser of feed for a fee is required to pay $50 annually.
3) Commercial feed labels are required to bear certain information.
4) Provisions for commercial feed to be considered "adulterated" are expanded.
5) The current 10 cents per ton inspection fee paid on commercial feed is increased to 20 cents per ton.
6) The current annual $25 fee for inspection of pet food packaged in bags of 10 pounds or less is increased to $50.
7) An annual inspection fee of $25 per product, not to exceed $1,000 per manufacturer, will be collected on specialty pet food.
8) The procedure for granting an informal hearing with the director is clarified, as well as the procedure for prosecuting a violation of the Missouri Commercial Feed Law.
This act is substantially similar to HB 489, with certain