|HB 0289||Modifies Regulation of Bingo Games|
|Sponsor:||TATE||Handling House Bill:|
|Last Action:||04/25/95 - Voted Do NOT Pass S Ways & Means Committee|
|Effective Date:||August 28, 1995|
HS/HCS/HB 289 - This act:
(1) Requires that the entire net receipts over and above the actual cost of conducting a bingo game be used for the lawful, charitable, religious or philanthropic purposes of the organization permitted to conduct the game. Any violator of this paragraph is guilty of a Class D felony.
(2) Prohibits the loaning of proceeds of a bingo game. Any violator of this paragraph is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor.
(3) Removes the control of the Gaming Commission over the training standards and registration of bingo security personnel.
(4) Makes the actual cost of providing janitorial services a component of the actual cost of conducting a bingo game. This cost shall not exceed the fair market value of similar services in the community.
(5) Disallows any individual from participating in the operation of a bingo game unless that individual is a member of the organization conducting the game who volunteers the time and service necessary to operate the game.
(6) Allows only licensed bingo organizations to display signs within 300 yards of the organization's premises which would direct individuals to the bingo game.
(7) Permits the supplier of pull-tab cards to retain 2% of
the total amount of the gross receipts sales tax paid.