|HB 0266||Relating to Off-Track Pari-Mutuel Wagering|
|Sponsor:||TREADWAY||Handling House Bill:|
|Last Action:||02/01/95 - Bill Withdrawn|
HB0266 Treadway, Joseph L et al
P R E F I L E D
HB 266 -- Pari-Mutuel Wagering
This bill authorizes the Missouri Horse Racing Commission to license and administer off-track pari-mutuel wagering in Missouri.
The bill includes provisions relating to:
(1) Rulemaking procedures;
(2) Limitations on the total number of off-track pari-mutuel licensees operating within the state and the length of licensing;
(3) Application and financial disclosure procedures for potential licensees;
(4) Commission responsibilities to investigate licensees;
(5) Standards for off-track pari-mutuel wagering facilities;
(6) A tax rate of up 5.5% of all commissions on wagers to be deposited into various funds as set in the bill; and
(7) Penalty provisions for violation of this law and the commission's regulations.