SCS/HCS/HBs 547 & 752 - This act provides that the holder of a valid license to sell intoxicating liquor at retail may sell retailer-packaged liquor to a consumer in a container, filled on such premises by any employee who is 21 years of age or older, for off-premises consumption if the:
• Container is rigid, durable, leakproof, sealable, and has no openings for straws and contains a certain amount of liquor as provided in the act;
• Consumer orders and purchases a meal prepared on the premises at the same time as the consumer purchases the liquor;
• Holder of the license provides the consumer with a dated receipt for the purchase of the intoxicating liquor;
• Number of alcoholic beverages sold under this section by a licensee for off-premises consumption is limited to twice the number of meal servings sold by the licensee; and
• Sealed container is placed in a one-time-use transparent bag that is sealed or the container has been sealed with tamperproof tape.
Additionally, containers shall have a label with the name and address of the business and another label that states, "THIS BEVERAGE CONTAINS ALCOHOL". This act does not apply to any wholesaler, distributor, or manufacturer of intoxicating liquors.
These provisions are identical to provisions in SS/SCS/SB 126 (2021) and SS/SCS/SB 283 (2021) and substantially similar to HBs 547 & 752 (2021) and similar to provisions in HCS/SS/SB 600 (2020).
MARY GRACE BRUNTRAGER