SB 834 - This act requires public bodies to specify in the call for bids and require that each bidder on a public works project be a responsible bidder.
A responsible bidder is defined as one that:
• Maintains an office in Missouri on a continuous basis for at least one year prior to the awarding of the contract. In the case of a joint venture, local contractors have fifty percent or more ownership;
• Has a ten-hour Occupational Safety and Health Administration course or the equivalent and a written safety program with emphasis on one's experience modification rating;
• Has documented ongoing upgrade training;
• Strictly enforces the prevailing wage requirements and complies with such requirements;
• Has a satisfactory record of prior project performance, including the absence of liens and debarment; and
• Satisfies all local licensing requirements if the locality requires any licensing.