FIRST REGULAR SESSION
[TRULY AGREED TO AND FINALLY PASSED]
SENATE COMMITTEE SUBSTITUTE FOR
SENATE BILL NO. 73
93RD GENERAL ASSEMBLY
To amend chapter 589, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to sexual offender registry websites.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 589, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 589.402, to read as follows:
589.402. 1. The chief law enforcement officer of the county may maintain a web page on the Internet, which shall be open to the public and shall include a registered sexual offender search capability.
2. The registered sexual offender search shall make it possible for any person using the Internet to search for and find the information specified in subdivisions (1) to (4) of subsection 3 of this section, if known, on offenders registered in this state pursuant to sections 589.400 to 589.425, except that only persons who have been convicted of, found guilty of, or plead guilty to committing or attempting to commit sexual offenses shall be included on this website.
3. Only the information listed in subdivisions (1) to (4) of this subsection shall be provided to the public in the registered sexual offender search:
(1) The name of the offender;
(2) The last known address of the offender, including the street address, city, county, state, and zip code;
(3) A photograph of the offender; and
(4) The crime or crimes for which the offender was convicted that caused him or her to have to register.
Return to Main Bill Page
Return to Senate Home Page