- Introduced -

SB 631 - This act requires those who engage is the profession of housemoving to obtain a license from the Department of Economic Development. In order to obtain a license, each housemover will have to demonstrate that it has adequate motor vehicle, liability, workers' compensation, and cargo insurance. Housemovers who are moving their own homes do not have to obtain a license. For every move made, the housemover will have to obtain a permit from the Department of Transportation. The housemover must also comply with local ordinances. A housemover who violates this act is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.