SECOND REGULAR SESSION
SENATE BILL NO. 824
90TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY SENATOR WIGGINS.
Read 1st time January 13, 2000, and 1,000 copies ordered printed.
TERRY L. SPIELER, Secretary.
To repeal section 494.425, RSMo 1994, relating to jury service, and to enact in lieu thereof one new section relating to the same subject.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Section 494.425, RSMo 1994, is repealed and one new section enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as section 494.425, to read as follows:
494.425. The following persons shall be disqualified from serving as a petit or grand juror:
(1) Any person who is less than [twenty-one] eighteen years of age;
(2) Any person not a citizen of the United States;
(3) Any person not a resident of the county or city not within a county served by the court issuing the summons;
(4) Any person who has been convicted of a felony, unless such person has been restored to his civil rights;
(5) Any person unable to read, speak and understand the English language;
(6) Any person on active duty in the armed forces of the United States or any member of the organized militia on active duty under order of the governor;
(7) Any licensed attorney at law;
(8) Any judge of a court of record;
(9) Any person who, in the judgment of the court or the board of jury commissioners, is incapable of performing the duties of a juror because of mental or physical illness or infirmity.
Return to Senate Home Page